Well, I hope everyone had a great Canada Day… I had wanted to post a video regarding my Canada… however, it was a complete fail! Sigh.. well I guess I’ll have to think of something else… but in the meantime these are the 10 things I love about Canada:
1) Healthcare – it’s paid with our taxes and being born here I’ve never had to worry about paying for my doctor visits nor hospital stays
2) Education and Social Programs – paid schooling from JK to Highschool, I love that our education is provided for and our social programs help people in need
3) We invented Basketball and Hockey – two of my favourite sports
4) Varying climates from West to East coast beaches to the ice, mountains and flatlands.. I plan to see it all! 🙂
5) Being known for our slang: Eh, F*ckn A, oout and aboout… I love it
6) Colourful money – I like to keep things simple and colour coded…the $1 Loonie and the $2 Toonie coins are pretty cool!
7) We played a huge part of the Underground Railroad – I’m proud of Canada’s involvement with helping the slaves gain their freedom
8) Our legal drinking age is 19 years old, aside from Alberta, Manitoba and Quebec whose legal drinking age begins at 18 years old.
9) Poutine – a blend of fresh home fries with cheese curds melted with steaming hot gravy… YUM
10) Our license plate slogans – all describe the “personality” or “culture” of our provinces
With the license plate slogans in mind, I made this little dedication to my country, I hope you enjoy it:
I am Beautiful, among Wild Rose Country and under the Land of Living Skies. I am Friendly and Yours to Discover because Je me souviens means I will remember that you stopped by. I reach Canada’s Green Province and swim in Canada’s Ocean Playground. I Explore Canada’s Arctic venturing through The Klondike; with Newfoundland and Labrador; New Brunswick on to Nunavut…my description remains clear…I say it loud for all to hear because…
I AM CANADIAN
Much love to you all! Until next time…